• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Fuse block melted

Can't see the damage can't help. Pics. And for a good start yanking 100% of what you did with the turns, you obviously have screwed them up to make a direct short, need a clean circuit as it was before the damage or you simply torch the fuses again.

Last edited:
These corrode over the years and that corrosion acts like a heating element. It's not uncommon for an old fuse block to melt. It's best to just replace it and not worry about why...

Tony
OregonMotorcycleParts.com

The OEM ones are usually kind of substandard anyway, as soon as I encounter any trouble at all I usually sub in something that is both more weatherproof and more amp carrying.

Fuseboxes are getting to be huge problems with cars now, they typically use contacts with too small current carrying ability and it then proceeds to try to burn the cars down in 50 ways. The big deal is that they continually drop the wire gauge in an attempt to save both cost and weight and now many circuits have too small a wire for a circuit carrying more amp than before. Add to that wire insulation chosen to be more enviro friendly and the wires then begin to biodegrade while still in the cars to make even more fires. It's now considered normal to have to change entire underhood wiring harnesses in many cars now and more parts sold. Get it there? Make the cars worse so you can sell more parts, our new world now.

I've rewired junkyard fuseboxes at $15 with new wire and remaining old good wire for 2 hours before to save $500 on a new box/harness that were made in one piece to make you buy even more. You'd best be a wiring guy if you are going to work on vehicles today.....BTDT.

Last edited:
I like to use fuse blocks that take the blade type fuses since you can get them almost anywhere. I know we should always carry a few spare fuses but, we don't always do that...

Tony

Back