• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

77 cb750k needle and needle jet

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Have bike at mechanic getting carbs rebuilt. Carb kits purchased were bought from VintageCB.com kit came in manufactured by Napco Corp Japan. (APCO) After getting into 1 carb found some scorching on needle. The # on needle is F2D51E. The replacement in the kit # Y41. Appear to be same length but the point on the Y41 is shorter than the original. Unsure we should use it. Carbs are PD41. Where can I get the original. Shop manual shows the F2D51E is correct. Can't find any info on specs of either needle.Help is appreciated.

Use the original needles, if the taper is different it will mess up your fuel mixture and cause running issues. Minute changes in needle taper change fuel mixture noticeably, if you can visually see a difference then that is huge... Post a picture of your needles. If your stock ones are indead bad then go on ebay and buy a set of junk carbs for the needles.

Assuming the word intended there was 'scored' and needle is dead if you can see any sort of damage on it.

Point being shorter screams part is wrong. I myself NEVER use aftermarket needles as the repeat quality sucks bigtime on them.

Back