• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New from Peoria, IL

darknessmatters88

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello, how are you all doing? Thanks for letting me be part of the forum. I don't have my cb750 yet, but will here soon. I'm actually looking for a 75 750f, which I believe is the super sport. My dad had the same bike, which I plan on doing a replica of. My mother sold it on me after my father passed away, which I'm very upset about, but things happen I guess. I myself already have a 84 vt700. Not a cb, but at least it's still a honda. Lol. Nothing wrong with kaws, yams, or suzukis tho, as I've liked some type of their models too.

Welcome to the forum, I believe a 1975 is still a cb750K model not a SS but could be wrong. Anyway good luck on Your search.

Thanks. I actually thought 75 was the first year they came out. I know Ive seen 75 f models, just didnt know if all of the models were super sports. I've found them available but around here they are wanting 1500 or more. Ive seen one for as much as 6k. Way out of my price range for a project build.

Yes 75 did offer a Supersport, first year, but the motor is the same as the K, it just came with a 4 into 1 exhaust.

Oh okay, thanks. So basically I could take a k and make it into the super sport replica. Thanks dirtdigger. I don't know much about these early cb models. Still learning as I've always messed around on shadows for the most part.

Tank, tail seat all different on the SS Also the SS used disk rear brake. Bikes are basically the same mechanically but cosmetically there are more differences.

Thanks. I can definately tell now that I looked up the bikes side by side when comparing them. Would it be a direct fit tho for the k frame? Or would I have to modify it for the f model parts to fit?

Cant say for 100% but I believe tabs are different for mounting. The rear swingarm for sure would be different. Unless you just like the look of the SS there is no reason to make a K into one...no performance difference....just looks and different rear brake.

I'm trying to rebuild a bike that looked just like my father's that was sold out from under me. That's the main reason for wanting to do the 75 supersport.

You could make everything fit as far as the body, just gonna take some welding and modifying of mounting tabs. Gonna be some differences on the frame, have to mount mastercylinder for rear disk etc, would be far easier to start with a ss even if it doesnt have a motor etc.

Hope you are able to make it work, lot of people always start with enthusiasm but then the $$ starts going out the door and the $$ turns into $$$$$$ and the project dies.

That's why I was looking for the 75f if that's the case. It would be cheaper. I plan on doing it right so, I really care less if I just start with a ss frame and and a locked up motor, maybe some tires on it. Lol. I'm Goin to be doing a frame up restore, including engine rebuild so, it might take me a while, but in the end I think it will be worth it.

Back