• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Remove front master cylinder Oil Cup 45511-463-006

everready

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

How does this come off? Is it just an O ring holding it on after removing the 4 cap screws? I can't see any other fasteners down inside the cup. The part drawing at Ron Ayers doesn't show any other screws. What am I missing?

Confused,
Al

Stuck. But likely due to seepage under it corroding the crap out of the metal. The o-ring gets hard and then you break the old plastic part trying to get it off. BTDT.

Thanks! That's kind of what I figured but I didn't want to go too far without all of the parts to do a proper rebuild. The paint on the metal part is pretty bad. It's going to need a full rebuild and painting. I'm in the planning stage now and trying to do things in a logical order. Brakes are pretty important.

The inside bore is the determinant of good or bad part. If pitting inside is bad enough it won't matter how the outside looks as one risks sudden brake failure if bad enough. A little is OK but it WILL eat the seal a little faster as the edges drop into the pits to seal.

Cleaning is often not enough inside the bore, you generally end up honing it to really be able to tell the extent of damage. The honing removes lesser damage to show just the worst part.

I used bicycle tyre levers, 2 directly opposite each other, after a little persuasion it popped off. The muck under the reservoir looked like Vaseline!
Hey,

How does this come off? Is it just an O ring holding it on after removing the 4 cap screws? I can't see any other fasteners down inside the cup. The part drawing at Ron Ayers doesn't show any other screws. What am I missing?

Confused,
Al

Thinking no OEM part but entire masters in the aftermarket. Depends on if single or dual disc, the ID of the bore is different for each.

Back