• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wiring cluster F@&$

Asphalt Cowboy

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Wired in new turn signals plugged directly into old wiring one at a time now I have no running lights no turn signals no power at all when I turn the key on checked and replaced glass fuses and still nothing! Anyone have any pointers it would be much appreciated

Sounds like you fried something. Get yourself a multi-meter, check if you have power across the fuses. If not, look at a wiring diagram for your bike and work from the battery forward. Oh Yeah, before you do anything, disconnect your new turn signals, everything should work without them and you take that variable out of the equation. Troubleshooting wiring can be a real pain, but with a wiring diagram, a multi-meter and a lot of patience it can be done.

To add what grepper said:
When I used to troubleshoot F-16's we use colored pencils to trace the circuits tested on a hard copy of the wiring diagram. That way you can troubleshoot in a logical order, prevent second guessing and track your progress. When you get too frustrated, just stop for a while, take a break and think. Good luck.

Back