• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

'80 CB750K brush holder

powellskier

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I shattered the brush holder on my '80 CB750K while trying to remove it. :banghead: (Those screws were TIGHT) How and where do I get a new holder without having to buy an entire stator cover? Can I try gluing\JB-Welding the parts back together, or is there too much vibration in the cover to make this a viable option?

On a side note, are the brushes supposed to be even or is it normal for them to wear unevenly? One of the brushes was several mm shorter than the other, but still above the scribe.

Brushes are supposed to be even.

Get that brush plate where you can, you just broke an unobtanium part. A quick look on the web and I could not find one anywhere. JB weld will not be holding that part together, it gets VERY hot under that cover and why so much of the epoxy that covers the charging stator falls off in pieces. That is HIGH TEMP epoxy, JB is NOT.

The brushes themselves ARE available as replacement parts but the plate is not, nobody has made a replacement up as they don't sell.

Reach out to grepper. I met him at brought this forum and purchased several parts for my 80 cb750c. Guy is real cool and quick delivery. He uses cash to work on his bike

Back