• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Shipping a Motorcycle

Wiseguy_E

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Evening gents,

I recently moved from Seattle to Houston and had no time to find how to ship my bike from home to Houston so I left it at my buddy’s place for now. Anyone have any tips or advice on how to ship if. Preferably the cheapest ways?

Thank Im advance

You can look on line and get quotes from the carriers, one thing to keep in mind is make sure who you pick that the bike is in an enclosed carrier.

This is a great question. Does anyone know how I can ship my bike to Colombia? I plan to move there since my wife insists on spending the money for my retirement in a much cheaper place than New York. However, we are going there on vacation first, and it will be a great way to test the roads, which I have heard can be awful in some parts of the country. So we are going to get a scooter rental in Colombia to test the waters, and if everything goes well, I will definitely get my BMW with me as it's a great bike to own in a hot country.

Last edited:
This is a great question. Does anyone know how I can ship my bike to Colombia? I plan to move there since my wife insists on spending the money for my retirement in a much cheaper place than New York. However, we are going there on vacation first, and it will be a great way to test the roads, which I have heard can be awful in some parts of the country. So we are going to get a scooter rental in Colombia to test the waters, and if everything goes well, I will definitely get my BMW with me as it's a great bike to own in a hot country.
Consider buying local. There are South American manufacturers with decent bikes and better local parts availability. One of my students lived in Bogota as a medical equipment service engineer and sad that the bike was the easiest way to get to job sites in their traffic.

Back