• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rejetting Question and Assitance Please(new)

thirdplanet106

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently new rider. Just bought my second bike to learn more about bikes. I got a 1993 Honda CB750 Nighthawk. The previous owner was cafe racer customizing it and did some changes. One of which was adding K&N individual air pods. I was told by him that the I would need to rejet the carbs. I have been looking all over for answers but they all revolve around other bikes.

I was wondering what Stage Kit I would need and maybe if someone has experience what jets to use or some tips. Anything would be greatly appreciated. IMG_20170918_181447.jpgIMG_20170919_084822.jpg

Pods and the OEM carbs which are likely the CV type do NOT generally work well together, you will find that out like the umpteen million others who have been there before you...............good luck and death if you get the fat head to get anything higher than the stage 1 kit, it will give you enough trouble as it is. Maybe you should read the small print blurb given by Dynojet about how 'on some very oversquare high perf engines the Dynojet kits can actually run worse than the stock airbox with OEM jetting'. That engine fits that bill to a 'T'.

You can always tell those who have not a clue as to how CV carbs work, they are always the ones that tell you to jet up, yet if you understand the carbs fully enough you figure out pretty quick that going up is often the worst thing you can do. CV slide lift drops with pods and that means they have already gone slightly too rich before the carbs are even touched.

Last edited:
Back