• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

how do you know that you have a bad head gasket

cafeken

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
so ive been riding my cbr900rr a lot today i went to ride the cb750 to day so started it up and let it warm up is i always do and there's a drip of a oil/gas mix leaking out of the front of the head its like a leaky sink very few seconds. i know that something is wrong cause i get the oil that runs down the side of the heads after a long rides but nothing like this. so is the head gasket gone and need replacement.

no photo's needed its a head gasket and broken head bolt i just found the broken bolt turned it with my fingers and hoped it was lose so i pulled up on it and it came right out looks like the bike is going to be down for weeks i may do a motor build any ideas

Go bigger!!! You can PM me if you have any questions once you get into the motor. I am in the process of starting a 970cc build, rounding up money and parts right now lol

One of the small bolts or a cylinder stud? The small bolts like to pull the threads in the aluminum.

Back