• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Stock Airbox Install

Uncletony

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey guys, New to the forums. I just bought an 82 CB750SC that is needing a few things before she's road worthy, the main thing i'm having issues with is figuring out how to install The stock airbox, PO installed pods and I hate the cheap little bastards:banghead:. I found and bought an airbox assembly on ebay from another 82 Nighthawk that appears to have almost everything, the airbox, mounting bracket, breather hoses and clamps, 2 cover panels, 2 boots and clamps. I'm ordering new boots also. But I was Trying to find anything else I may be missing as I've never seen one Assembled. Main thing i have noticed is the breather? I could really use some help, the assembly should be in by Wednesday and would like to get it assembled. Thanks in advance.

s-l1600.jpg
This is the Assembly I purchased.

http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&redirect=viewtopic&t=301

Go there, register for free and then go to the technical documents section to download parts of the service manual. Use the '79-'83 750 line that includes all versions of the 750, close to the top of page. Chapter 1 page 10 shows the emission hose setup, one hose from each side of back of case, they go straight up to the 'tee' there and then back through another hose to the top front of the airbox.

Thank you, i'm waiting for the account activation email. Is the breather storage something I will need to order? I'm trying to get this bike road worthy asap and still need to figure out an electrical issue and install new fork seals. I've been itching to ride again for the past year :bike:

Back