• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Running issues

Cbdrag

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I have a 95 cb750. Bikes absolutly amazing (from 2-3k) then cuts off two cylinders then great again from 5-6k I have found a clogged jet I'm gonna push a thin piece of wire in there and take a shot at staring it. But it's only in one cylinder. Bike idles great on choke. It's a little iffy and bouncy off choke. Again assuming it's the clogged jet. I'm just looking for further info. I mean the bike runs on 2 cylinders(3/4) and 1/2 are black and sooty. 3/4 were a chocolate brown when I took them out which is good. I'm just at a loss here. Bike has exhaust chopped and it looks like right side what tuned but left the just said screw it. I'm spitting gas out of my left side exhaust pipe where it's not running. Idk if it's bad spark, to much fuel in the cylinders/ bad tuning of carbs. Any info is appreciated thanks guys

I understand that this is hard to read. In short. Bike runs on cylinder 3/4. 1/2 kick in from 2-3k and 5-6 k. Shoots gas out the back of exhaust. Found a clogged pilot jet. Going to clean tomorrow. Spark plugs turn black and sooty after 5 mins of riding. I'm at a loss for words. Carbs are clean as a polished Nickel. So what could be my issue other than the clogged jet? I got it about 2 weeks ago or less. And has been this way since I got it

Flooding carbs don't care how clean they are. A clogged pilot only affects idle, the cylinder affected will run past that lower speed. If engine is warm then it should NOT run right at all with choke on and trying to run it like that is adding to the fuel coming out of that pipe....................chocolate brown is too dark for plugs too, correct they are a light tan color.

Ok so how do I fix it? Check floats make sure they float as they should? I know if I leave my gas on it it pours into air box

I have the carbs off. I see 2 tubes that come out of each set of 2 carbs

One is connected to the intake. (Happens to be the side that doesn't run. And the other loops behind the carbs. If I have to guess it's a vac tube. But then why is one side connected but the other isn't.

Pic 'em, you're getting lost there, more than two tubes..............floats can float all they want but if the seats leak then it makes no difference how good the float is.

'...why is one side connected but the other isn't.'

It's a vent.

I can get pics tomorrow. There is 3 tubes. There is one for gas flow. Plastic tube all across. And one that goes be hind the carb as you said vent and on that connects to the intake for vacum. Float needles seem to have to much play then again it's about same on all 4 and only right side runs well.

I have not messed with them. I'm not diving head first working blindly. Buddy reassembled my bike and everything. Idles good. Runs ok but past 1/4 turn throttle and the left bank cuts in and out. But he said the exhaust isn't smoking that he could see. But it was night so I'm gonna check tomorrow and see. I think my fuel efficiency increased also. So might it be something other than flooding carbs

It is IMPOSSIBLE to even begin to talk of 'fuel efficiency' whatsover on a bad running engine like that. The engine is an inline four as well so any talk of left or right bank is confusion as the entire engine is considered a 'bank', any going further than that would have you thinking in the normal terms of 1-4 and 2-3, or the true banks if any on one of those.

Back