• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

For Sale - 1980 CB750 Super Sport For Sale - Amazing Condition

Scottiem303

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am selling my 1980 CB750f - Super Sport. It is in excellent condition, runs like a top, rides awesome. MANY new parts replacing common issues.

Asking $2,000

Last edited:
Too high, at a 750 bike has to be absolutely pristine to get that.....................side cover and fender? You're in 900 territory. Where are the grab rails behind shocks? Not amazing.

Too high, at a 750 bike has to be absolutely pristine to get that.....................side cover and fender? You're in 900 territory. Where are the grab rails behind shocks? Not amazing.

Did you even look at the ad? I have the fender - just not on in that photo. I also have the stupid grab rails - took those off also, not needed. Yes, the one side cover is scuffed - that's all. $900, you must be high. Where would you ever find a nicer running bike for $900 - this is restored, mechanically, electrically and is road ready.

Are you interested in the bike or just trolling?

Hi, Nice looking bike. I am curious about the speedometer, 80mph!? How so? These bikes are capable of well over 100mph. Is it geared down or is it some daft regulation only for US bikes? My UK bike has 120mph speedo!

Hi, Nice looking bike. I am curious about the speedometer, 80mph!? How so? These bikes are capable of well over 100mph. Is it geared down or is it some daft regulation only for US bikes? My UK bike has 120mph speedo!

Thanks. The 80mph speedo had to do with America's NHSTA responding to the energy crisis of the day - trying to get people to slow down and use less fuel. You can read up on it here: http://www.classic-car-history.com/85-mph-speedo.htm

It is indeed a good looking bike, It is a free market place and if a person wants it they will buy it. I have always had good luck selling bikes in the spring, Seems like they sell quicker at the beginning of the riding season in the northern part of the country.

It is indeed a good looking bike, It is a free market place and if a person wants it they will buy it. I have always had good luck selling bikes in the spring, Seems like they sell quicker at the beginning of the riding season in the northern part of the country.

Totally agree. I have just found myself in a position where I need to sell it. Here in Denver, the older Hondas have a strong market. I sold an equally nice cb360t for $2100 a couple of years ago, on the first day posted. That was in the spring though . . .

My bad. You'd think if claiming excellent you'd at least put the fender on it for a second for a pic. Presentation is everything.

I meant you can get a nice 900F runner here at that price pretty easily. You'd never get that much for a 360 here, the D/FW Texas area and the bike choices are simply too big and too much value, you can get 1100Fs for $2500-$3000 here if you just wait.

Thank Joan Claybrook for the 85 mph speedos, her logic was that young people seeing 140 on a speedo would make them try to see if the vehicle would actually run that fast. I swapped my 85 for a 140 off a '79 model way back in like '80. The mismatched gaugepak actually looked better than you would think, people said it looked cool.

Amc49 you are absolutely correct I'm in del rio, which is south Texas, I bought my 76 for $200 with a title, it is now road legal and insured and I had the tank and headlight bucket painted, new rear shocks rebuilt forks, new tires and tubes, and a nos henry abe rear wheel, a brand new cafe seat including seat pan, I have about $1500 into it including the purchase price and title transfer, these old bikes are big money in the south.

It is what it is.

I have not paid more than $400 for any bike I ever bought here if not a brand new one. Several of them given away to me just to get them out of the garage. Here peoples' value structures are different. Mostly in that nobody will give you the full worth of what a thing has, it's too easy to find somebody else on the down-and-desperate. I just gave a '94 Ford Tempo to the scrapyards as nobody wanted it unless I spent for tires, licensing, the whole thing, they want you to hand it to them on a silver platter. The car ran perfectly and had a new ATX and used zero oil. I personally could have driven it likely for 10 more years but no, they want YOU to incur the loss when you sell it to them and they then bring it back in a couple months wanting money back because they drove it for 20 miles with blown rad hose or other like idiocy. BTDT more than once, and why I no longer sell vehicles to the general public, just burn them out to junk them, the only true way to get max value. The Tempo had to go because I have too many other cars, I've kept 3 and usually 4 running 100% of the time for the last 35 years.

Because nobody is smart enough to realize the valves not being set on early DOHC is what sends everybody after the carbs to then make things worse you can find deal 750s here forever at $250-$500 and some nice ones at $1K+ if you simply wait. The heat here makes the ethanol effect much worse and why so many clean the carbs to still have running problems, and the combined fear and laziness to not break the carb bank fully apart reinforces that. You can count the people who can fully clean carbs to perfection on one hand here, most simply shortcut too much.

Texas has created more jobs than anywhere else but what they don't tell you is that most are temp or $8/hr. and you can't buy anything with that. The buyer outlook is greatly warped here as a result of that.

Just sold the bike - "Guru", sold for double your estimate. I had no shortage of people texting, calling and emailing about it. Like I said, it was a nice bike.

Who was foolish enough to pay $3k when you yourself asked for $2K?.............I'm all ears over that one....................all it proves is what I have long held to be true.......that many out there are NOT thinking in their own best interests. We in Texas have long known that people in Colorado have been infused with too many rich to keep prices in a logical place. You pay too much for everything not just bikes. I can buy 2 homes here for what you guys pay for one.

Who was foolish enough to pay $3k when you yourself asked for $2K?.............I'm all ears over that one....................all it proves is what I have long held to be true.......that many out there are NOT thinking in their own best interests. We in Texas have long known that people in Colorado have been infused with too many rich to keep prices in a logical place. You pay too much for everything not just bikes. I can buy 2 homes here for what you guys pay for one.

Dude, you have proved twice is this single thread that you cannot or are not willing to read. I said that he paid twice YOUR estimate. You said $900 was what the bike was worth - bust out your calculator and try to do the math. Another thing you are proving is that ignorance runs rampet in the south. You clearly know nothing about economics or have any logic about how different markets work. Seriously, you must just spend all day trolling on a motorcycle forum. Must be a rewarding lifestyle.

That bike is gone, sold. Post #12. If you need to know something holler away, I promise you I am nowhere near as ignorant as post #14 says I am.

Dude, you have proved twice is this single thread that you cannot or are not willing to read. I said that he paid twice YOUR estimate. You said $900 was what the bike was worth - bust out your calculator and try to do the math. Another thing you are proving is that ignorance runs rampet in the south. You clearly know nothing about economics or have any logic about how different markets work. Seriously, you must just spend all day trolling on a motorcycle forum. Must be a rewarding lifestyle.

What a rude person you are!

Well, I DID kinda stoke the fire up under him, I was probably asking for it.

And boy, they will sure give it to you nowadays. It's like f-cking with rattlesnakes. Let the venom run free...........

Back