• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New ember new project

I have give up on it, its been on for 4 days now and hasn't made much impact, i think the tank may be to big and i cant generated enough voltage from the battery charger.

I guess there are other ways of doing it, i will do some searching.

What I will most probably do is use these guys, I have used them on the x7 and cbx tanks with great results.

https://www.fueltanks.co.uk/services/motor-cycles/

I understand that you must clean or replace the rod to continue the process. I planr to set mine up later this week and get it 'cooking'.

update

took the casings to a local chroming company, who have removed all the chrome from them,
they just need a good polishing now :D

IMG_3813.jpg

update

thing are moving on now some pics

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

before
IMG_2121 (2017_12_28 17_19_13 UTC).jpg

after
IMG_4671.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4652.jpg
    IMG_4652.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4732.jpg
    IMG_4732.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4671.jpg
    IMG_4671.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 162
update

not done much over the summer, been to busy touring and riding my Yamaha tracer, went to Cookstown road races in Northern Ireland in April,
toured Scotland for a week in June, and I have just come back from 14 night in the Pyrenees:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

so cb has been on the back burner,

exhaust is on, tank now all sealed and new tap installed, I have cranked engine over the no plugs in to see if the oil pressure was ok, which it was, oil up to the head:thumbsup:

next step to see if it will start, will try back end of next week when I have a few days off.

some pics of progress.
IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

update

thanks Never2old
nearly completed now, I started it last week all seem ok, I have not rode it yet as the front brakes need more bleeding and front mud guard need putting on.
attached pic of it so far.
cb750 1981.jpg

Back