• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

rotor

Gliderider

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello, Im having a front brake issue that I cant find the answer to, Its on my cb 750 k, with 5k original miles I think its the old dreaded warped rotor I think. After a precise run out Im at .7000 difference on the run out, is that within range? thank you in advance for the info.

Depends on whether your decimal (.) is in the proper place there. And your english too, you seem to say it's in spec then it's not in the same sentence, can't make much sense out of that. Your measurement there is almost 3/4 of an inch and quite impossible. Maybe .070 or .007????????????

No insult intended at all or implied, just can't understand as the statement is posited.

The 'old dreaded warped rotor' in my view is a myth pretty much too, I've found over the years and after plenty of rotor cutting done myself on cars that most people have not a clue as to what a warped rotor actually is. And nothing personal implied from that as well, just the factuality of what I have found.

I was told my '80 750F would have them warp left and right and found other issue when the one time it 'happened'. Many, many miles otherwise with them and no issues.

Maybe rather than measure you should put the direct problem out there of what appears to happen while driving bike? While we would like the rotors as flat as possible I've found they actually can be somewhat warped if you will and still brake fine, the caliper is capable of accommodating quite a bit of that by moving around in its' mounting method.

Back