• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Looking for help identifying engine

Harry_B

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Greetings - I am new here.

Many (35 - 40, I would guess) years ago, I owned, wrenched on, and rode Honda SOHC fours. I gave up riding in my late 20s, when, after the birth of my first child, it dawned on me that I might actually be mortal. At the time, being in those kids lives and seeing them grow up was more important to me than riding.

At this point in my life, my children are grown, self sufficient, productive members of society. I love them, and I consider them to be among the best and most important things that have come about as I have journeyed through this life. I now have six decades behind me, but I am still in good health, and fairly agile, and I still have the urge to ride. I don't want to ride long distances like I did in my youth, or even commute daily anywhere, and the rebel that's left in me really hasn't been looking to ride some stock two wheeler.

Consequently, and much to the dismay of my wife and children, I recently bought a Frankenbike hardtail bobber project with a 750 DOHC engine. and would love to know what year and model the engine came from. I was told the bike was originally built with a SOHC 750, but was replaced with the current engine at least a decade ago. I was told the engine is from a 1982 Honda, but am looking to confirm this and perhaps get more details.

The engine number is RC01E-2100365; any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Safe travels, all.

Could be.............I have found country of origin in VIN charts but not country of destination anywhere. And engine and frame numbers are different.

Back