• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Ken at Cycle X in accident

dirtdigger

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
This was on Cycle X facebook page. Keep Ken in your thoughts and prayers if thats your thing. Ken has contributed so much the Honda cb750 community, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Hey Everyone,
Just to keep everyone aware, Ken was in a motorcycle accident yesterday. Someone pulled into his lane and slammed on the brakes in front of him, and he hit the back of the car. The impact threw him face first through the rear window, and his leg was smashed between the car and his bike. He was rushed to the hospital, doctors expected critical head/neck trauma, but somehow escaped with a battered face and a broken leg. He is recovering now, and will be on crutches for a while.
Unfortunately this means that our race appearances at Man Cup and Barber Motorsports Raceway in Georgia and Alabama are questionable to happen this year. For now though, we're going to take it slow and hope for a speedy recovery.
Ken will be out for a period of time (hopefully short), but he won't be at the shop to answer tech questions for the next couple days. We will do whatever we can to assist you for the time being.
Thank you again
Cycle X Team

Well that's just an utter bummer.

When I think about all the miles I put on bikes in the past and how many times I went through that in my mind while it did not happen (due to corrective action taken by me, but so fast I have to give credit to somebody else above) but almost did, I just start to shake all over. The almosts are just.............they just build up to f-ck with my head now.

I still have firmly locked in my head the time I went down and bike spit me up and over when sideways; the rubber non-folding footpeg iron then dug in and when I landed I felt a thump on the helmet. Not thinking about it, I DID call off school that morn and went back home and upon removing the helmet it felt funny for some reason. The reason being the outer shell was shattered in pieces and only the stiff insulation/padding was holding it together.

I musta sat looking at that helmet on the table for 30 minutes........................

Back