• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Engine O-Ring __HELP__

Tronco

CB750 New Owner
Reaction score
Hello people!

I need your help.
I've seen this O-ring between the engine body, and when I took it out, it broke by itself (30 years old).

The problem is that I can not find the part, to be able to change it.
It doesn't appear in the diagrams of the web pages of purchase.
For example:
https://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb750f2-1982-c-general-export-kph_model14880/partslist/E13.html#results

Anyone know where to find this O-ring?

IMG_7890.jpgIMG_7891.jpg
This is the upper side
IMG_7892.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Tronco

My shop manual doesn't show an O-Ring there. It was probably added later and some obscure service bulletin was published for the change.

Just measure it and buy a match.

Capture.JPG

NOTHING goes there, an o-ring put there can cut off oil to one end of your primary shaft!

LOOK, the oil passageway in the third pic clearly shows the oil has to go somewhere. An o-ring across that cuts the oil supply off.

It means somebody has been inside engine before. Not a smart somebody either.

Been awhile since I had to chase oil control down on these but thinking maybe oil control orifice part #3 in the above parts link may press down into that hole to limit the oil getting to that bearing. Some of the supply points there are orifice limited to keep pressure up in the system and the things supplied don't require a whole lot.

The transmission oil supply is pressure restricted in the same way too.

Last edited:
Then that means I have to remove that O-Ring, right?

For that reason also does not appear in the manuals.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Chris!
That O-Rings are from other parts... that part:
IMG_7904.JPG
And other that I don't have pictures...

Thanks!!

Post #11 is correct...........other parts. Remove the one concerned o-ring and leave it out, you can clearly tell there is none there as one side of the case is not machined smooth (pic #3), rather dimpled as in sand casted in the circle. When (EVER) did you ever see an o-ring sealing point that was ROUGH, they aren't, o-rings are not intended to seal on a rough surface. Another dead giveaway is that the o-ring there is not thick enough to cover all the way across the thickness of that circular cutout too. The main one is that the o-ring cuts off what is clearly an oil passage to that end of the primary shaft, one of the bearings.

I'd be looking at how loose that bearing is on that end for sure, but there is some oil splash going on there anyway and it might be OK.

Back