• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Mounting the airbox on a '77 F 750

jackbeagle

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, is there an easy way to mount the stock airbox? I removed the carbs to change the idle jets and darned if I can get things put back together. I put on the carbs first and then the airbox is impossible to fit so I tried to mount the airbox to the carbs and put the whole thing in - what a disaster. Any suggestions other than brute force - which didn't work so well either. It can't really be this difficult. can it?

don't know if this will help but after the hundreds of times i had my 77s off i learned they only go on from one side & yes they are hard to put on. i am thinking of putting stacks on mine but yet to find out how to jet the carbs. if you lube them first it helps.

I have a set of v-stacks frrom Steel Dragon available. I decided to go back to a more stock-looking ride which is how I got into this airbox mounting mess. Let me know if interested in my stacks - I mounted them and then decided on a different look so they are brand new - although I may hold on to them until I can get the airbox on. LOL :)

Back