• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Clutch switch

Windy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorting out a 1982 FZ electrics at the moment by junking the original wiring loom & making a simplified one.
I want to clean up the handlebars and have come across a switch in the clutch lever housing.
Firstly, what is its purpose and can I just disconnect it & get rid without any problems?
As usual, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Windy

Clutch switch is so you have to pull clutch lever before the starter will turn the engine over when in gear. Not sure if you can just unplug it or if you need to jump it.

Hi, I'm sorting out a 1982 FZ electrics at the moment by junking the original wiring loom & making a simplified one.
I want to clean up the handlebars and have come across a switch in the clutch lever housing.
Firstly, what is its purpose and can I just disconnect it & get rid without any problems?
As usual, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Windy
You will have to bridge it out. You may have a problem with the one way diode as that is part of the clutch switch circuit.

Back