• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Help with VIN plate

deathwing

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Working on this DOHC CB750 for a friend. He bought it for $250. Previous owner lost the title, but should be able to get a copy. Problem is, we need to be able to provide an accurate vin number off of it. And I can't tell what the 3rd-from-last digit should be. 2 or 7?

Also, the years can be confusing sometimes. While it says 1980 model on the plate, I get a couple different year options depending on the source for VIN decoding information. Maybe some of you long-time CB750 experts can shed some light on it for me.

Thanks!

vin750.jpg

The tag is only a backup more visible plate, the number is physically stamped into the steering head right next to the plate......................or it was anyway.

That appears to be a '2' to me based on the other 2's there.

The tag is only a backup more visible plate, the number is physically stamped into the steering head right next to the plate......................or it was anyway.

That appears to be a '2' to me based on the other 2's there.

Thanks for the input. Would 1980 on the plate reflect the year for the title? This wiki page gives an idea of what year went with which vins. But it's unclear which one this 750 would belong to officially.

Thoughts?

Back