• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Honda CB 750 Custom Frame and Engine numbers

big8mistake

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I'm new here so hello for everyone.

Im owner of Honda Cb 750 Custom from 1982 r. Winter project, all bike is striped. Lot of work because I need to buy a lot of new parts. New rings, bearings, valve springs etc. Frame have plate with number RC06 but engine have RC04E. I ask all owners of CB 750 custom that I know(four) and all of them have RC01E on engine. It is possible that my bike have engine from Honda Honda CB 750 FZ ? I thought that all CB 750 from 1979 to 1985 have same four letters on frame and engine. For example: Frame Number RC04 Engine number RC04E- 2.....

That was my first thought. This case is puzzle for my because four owners of cb 750 custom have "wrong" number on engine(One of them have mint condition bike). Maby honda wasnt so restricted about numbers in europe.

One more question: Where I can buy primary chain to my Honda. I ask Hondas local dealer but this chain isnt available anymore.

Back