• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wiring help needed.

Windy

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally getting round to sorting my 750. The wiring harness is junk, it's been cut, chopped & messed about with so I'm going to start again with a cut down, cleaner look.
I saw a bare bones wiring diagram on here by 'losttravlyr' ( are you still on here matey?) which looks great.
I just need a couple of things clarifying about the ignition, starter circuit:
He shows the pulse generator connecting to the spark units and also the coils connecting to the spark units.
Is the pulse generator another name for the pick up, or points unit at the end of the crank?
Where would I find the spark units on the bike? Is there another name for them?
I know where the coils are though.....:)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

It's aliiiiiiiive !!!
Wired up the stock connectors from pulse generator to spark units & coils, put a feed from the battery through a new blade type fuse box to an ignition switch, fed a switched live back out to the coils and it fired up for the first time in 6 years!
Just need to sort the rest of the wiring out now, ie lights, indicators, horn etc.
Could anyone tell me the model of this bike?
It's a 1982 dohc, chassis number RC042209557
Engine number RC04E2217481
I'll be able to order the correct service items then.
Cheers Windy

I put my 1982 Honda cb750 on a go kart but I can't figure out the wire if my life depended on it. I looked at every diagram and still nothing. Is there anyway that anybody can help me get this done for the kids. I feel like I'm letting them down. Thank u

Finally getting round to sorting my 750. The wiring harness is junk, it's been cut, chopped & messed about with so I'm going to start again with a cut down, cleaner look.
I saw a bare bones wiring diagram on here by 'losttravlyr' ( are you still on here matey?) which looks great.
I just need a couple of things clarifying about the ignition, starter circuit:
He shows the pulse generator connecting to the spark units and also the coils connecting to the spark units.
Is the pulse generator another name for the pick up, or points unit at the end of the crank?
Where would I find the spark units on the bike? Is there another name for them?
I know where the coils are though.....:)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

Hey Folks - Random question, I have an '82 CB750F Supersport. There are two blue and two yellow wires connecting the spark units to the pulse generator. Qn - does it matter which way round they connect, is this important? I understand that the two yellows feed one spark unit and the blues the other, but I note that the OEM wiring diagram shows one white and one blue wire with a white 'tag' on the ends of the cable, but trying to reassemble my bike from a bunch of dismantled parts the red connecting plug was cut off and I cannot identify which yellow or blue wire had the white tags on it. I am begining to think it may not matter at they seem to have continuity but looking for some confirmation please. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Back