• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1974 CB750

chadski7

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Need help....hopefully simple issue....

Bought a decent 1974 CB750 but it did not have a battery at the time of the sale....installed new battery, headlamp works, ignition switch works, tail light works but everything connect to the left handle....turn signals, horn, dim/high beam all do not work. No fuse issues as they have been replaced, tore headlight off located the spaghetti junction and found a few wires here and there that were not connected but none of them seem to have a voltage reading so I am assuming they are spares for some reason.....took left switch box apart to test for voltage and the needle of the meter hit the side wall and I blew the fuse so I assume that its getting power.....any direction or hints would e appreciated. Downloaded manual and have spend hours tracing colored wires everywhere but am still failing miserably.

Thanks,
Chad

Maybe you should pick up some meter skills before tackling the bike. Bouncing the needle off the side is a good way to ruin a meter, wouldn't happen if you knew where to have it switched BEFORE the work.

really thats your assistance? No dah hero, obviously I didn’t think I had power there so I was searching, maybe you don’t have a clue how tight that area is...you are waste for support go fcuk yourself!

if this is type of assistance you get from this chat board knock me off delete me its apparently full of asshole who can’t give decent advise....

Sorry for your experience. Sometimes people come accross wrong to other people, more often then not it is just misunderstanding and nothing was meant by said words, that is the problem with the internet you cant really know the feelings behind a persons post. Anyway. A test light is a much better tool to be finding and tracing electrical circuits, you can easily have voltage but no amperage. The test light is a small load so if it lights more often then not the circuit and wiring is good. Bouncing the meter needle indicates you are on too low of a range which is what amc was eluding to that you may not be very experienced in meter operation. Not sure how you blow a fuse with a meter? Language will not be tolerated if you still want to participate on the board you are welcome if not please confirm and I can remove your profile. Thank you

To begin with, no insult intended or implied toward anybody. Not the OP. Not even now.

BUT............

Feeling the OP out and we at least know he is asking for the 500 page book while so far only working with the letter A. The basics severely missing like meter skills and then the extreme short attention span before blowing up in frustration in posts 3 & 4 tell me the bike is not the only issue here and the way it most commonly is. Why though does the person closest to that often deny that to get mad? Who wants to help someone who will kick you in the teeth the second he doesn't get his way?

The bike fix there is easy but multiparted and OP getting mad is only getting in the way of that.

FYI, many meters have fuses inside them. There are generally no spare wires inside a headlight unless the turns were never hooked up, meaning the wires go to something but not powered up.

How tight the area is? You should be able to be controlled inside 1/4 that space easily, I have parkinson's and still do it shaking all over. Pointing to attention to detail, vastly needed if you work on electrical.

Again, no insult intended at all but reality is what it is and changes for no one. You must change to fit it.

Last edited:
Inside switch assembly the gray wire is power to the turns, light green is power coming through and from horn, it then grounds through the switch there. Normal green is ground on Honda bikes and black is power FYI. The high beam indicator is blue at gauge and goes to inside headlight where it plugs in with other blues of high beam headlight.

Back