• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

78-80 Swap

CivilPenny

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have a 1978 Honda cb750k motor that just needs carbs rebuilt to run. There is a 1980 CB750k for sale with a non-running motor, and was curious if it was possible to swap the engines. the 78 is a SOHC and the 80 is a DOHC, was curious if that would affect anything. Please let me know, I want to make this possible!

Hey guys.
I have a 1978 Honda cb750k motor that just needs carbs rebuilt to run. There is a 1980 CB750k for sale with a non-running motor, and was curious if it was possible to swap the engines. the 78 is a SOHC and the 80 is a DOHC, was curious if that would affect anything. Please let me know, I want to make this possible!

If the mounts are the same, I don't see why not. You'll have to probably do an a$$ ton of other swaps as well (wiring) but you're running the entire unit not trying to switch internals.

HI Welcome, I work in Lansing :)

All the SOHC 750s swap and and all the DOHC 750s swap, but not with each other without a bunch of modifications frame, electrical, ect...

They do not simply interchange even though looking close. As backed up by everybody claiming they do, but find just one that has. You pretty much DON'T find it. Lots say they are doing it but where are they when done? Incompleted projects...............reality bit there.

Back