• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Can I clean the carb jets without removing the carbs?

fuhgeddaboudit

CB750 Member
Reaction score
1978 CB750A...can I just remove the float bowls, leaving the rest of the carbs on the bike?

I know it sounds cheesy, but time is of the essence.

Yes you can, you will need a really short straight blade screwdriver. I do it all the time when cleaning them and tuning with the jets.

The main jet will probably be stuck in the emulsion tube and will probably come out with the main jet. I always take them out anyway because they have really small holes that get plugged anyway.

The bowls are stuck, so I just want to check before I break something...there are 3 screws hold each bowl to its carb, and then there's the air(?) screw in the front.

The air screw does not need to come out yet, does it?

Somebody in the past had used some gasket-goop. Yuck.

Nope, just the three screws.

BTW you can remove your main jets with the carbs on but not the idle jets. But honestly, there's not so much room and it's almost easier to take the carbs off to get access. The middle two are a royal pain to get to with the oil pressure switch, etc. in your way.

Thanks. I did wind up pulling the carbs off after all. For some silly reason, I thought that the jets and floats were inside the bowl and would come out with the bowl.

Once I saw otherwise, I was like lol I better just do it the "right" way.

DSC03321.JPG
Is there a trick to getting this assembly back inside without taking the arm loose or removing the carb from the mounting plate?:confused:

I always take the carbs off the mounting plate, makes it easy and you wont bend any of the rods.

Back