• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

For Sale - 1971 CB750 for sale

71CB750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
I am helping my uncle sell his 1971 CB750.

This is a bike that has been stored for the last 35 years in his garage in Chicago. It was last ridden in 1983 and has less than 3000 miles on the odometer.

He is the second owner. After he owned it for a short time he dumped it at low speed and broke his wrist requiring surgery and pins to heal. He had the bike repaired and it was placed in the garage never to be ridden again.

The bike has been stored under some blankets and unfortunately has some corrosion on the cases and other metal. The front caliper is locked up solid and the battery is dead. I have not tried to start it or even turn it over. I might try soon, or I might wait for a buyer to advise how they would like to proceed.

My uncle is in his 80's now and his heath is failing. He wants to see it sold to a CB750 enthusiast that will take care of it. My Uncle is very meticulous, and the bike was well cared for and repaired properly. I'm sure he has the documents if we can find them.

I am looking to sell it for a fair price in "as is condition". He has some extra parts such as seat, tank, transmission. I have not located these items yet, so I do not have pictures of them.

I have a few pictures of the bike in the garage and I can get some more as necessary.

Some of the mods that the previous owned did: Aftermarket pipes and case protector bars.

For serious inquiries I can send more pictures, however I prefer that we talk on the phone and set up a video chat session to look at the aspects of the bike that are important to you.

This bike is a time capsule and a true garage find. I am open to fair offers. If anyone has any suggestions on what a fair value range might be please post them up. I estimate that the bike is worth 2-4k as is with the spare parts. 4,000 or make reasonable offer.

Clean title and owners manual and all spare parts included. pm me for my contact info.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_34b.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_34d.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_34e.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_351.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_352.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_353.jpg

Last edited:
I worked a bit on cleaning up the corrosion, and some of the lighter stuff seems to be coming off. I suspect I have the price a bit high. How about 2,500 including the spare parts.

I'm going to turn this into a make a reasonable offer before I list it on ebay. I hope someone will have a use for this bike. Reasonable offers accepted via pm please. Thanks.

[QUOTEall da=71CB750;23181]I'm going to turn this into a make a reasonable offer before I list it on ebay. I hope someone will have a use for this bike. Reasonable offers accepted via pm please. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry friend , if you REALLY want to get any oney oit of this bike you will have to part it out, bikes that dont drive are $300 all day.
Yo

I appreciate your input. If that's what it's worth, I can't change that fact.

I may buy a battery for it, change the oil and gas, and try to get it running. I was hoping it might be worth something because of the low miles and the fact it had been stored indoors since 1983.

If I were to get it running and what sort of price would it be worth? What sort of value for the sum of the parts?

Thanks again for the input. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Well, the parts are worth the goin price on ebay , for example you have a pristine tank $200, side covers in mint shape $75 a piece, mint seat$125?
To get it started , ez , new starter cellenoid ,new battery , oil and filter, , buy a "I V " bottle temp gas tank ,yours is full of crap, now heres the hard part your carbs are probably shot . I know that Performance Cycle center WILL rebuild them but not until the fall, carbs on ebay $200/300 .... i would run alll my prices past "dirt digger here is another option
Honda choppers .com has lots of links to websites for these . Alot of kids are turning these bikes into cafe bikes .
Ilive in North West indiana in Schererville,Us cellular field is 45 min from my house.
Im a 750?fanatic but im really an ole school chopper guy .
Heres my number 219 629 5435 . I will gladly walk you through the work on the bike .i love 750s
If u have a truck , u load that bike on the back of it get the parts i asked for ( i have the iv bottle gas tank ) i betwe could get it running !!. One last thing .
I have a German Mauser,made in 1915 hastheseal of the Kaiser stamped on it .
If you look on any gun site it is worth more than$300, i would trade you even up . If u are interested ill send u pics , if u want help gettin your bike runing id do that too😊

The bike is running.

My uncle had a new battery that never had electrolyte in it. I filled it up and charged it with a smart charger and it seems strong (12.8 volts after resting for 10 hours) My uncle had some kroil in the garage, and I used that in the cylinders and let it sit overnight. I changed the oil, squirted a few drops into each cylinder, put some fresh gas in it and it fired up easily. The carbs leak a bit, and need to be rebuilt. It needs a tune up and some love, but at least it's no longer a boat anchor.

I also spent some time with a rag and some metal polish and it looks a lot better. Still some corrosion, but a lot better. It also needs a new front caliper the one that was on it was locked up solid.

Tomorrow, I will post some updated pictures of when I rolled it outside into the sunlight for the first time in 34 years.

The tank and carbs were drained in 1983 so the inside of the tank looks pretty good. I found 2 carb rebuild kits in the garage along with some other spare parts.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice. Now I need to find a new home for the bike. What do you guys think might be a fair price, and the best way to sell the bike?

Thanks for the update, love to see those pics!!!so glad you got her runin!!
The carbs SHOULD STOP LEAKING once the orings on the supply tees swell back up. Maes sure its not leaing frim carb bowls,
As for a price ?? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, i wouldnt take a dime less than 12 if the cases are pitted bad 15-17 if they r not!! U have a title and a bike that is desireable BUT temeber it still needs an electronic ignition and a regulator rectifier conversion.
Go to honda chopper.com and post pics ,and"make an offer" it will go to a loving home!!!! Definitely worth at LEAST 12!!! Bottum line but im thinking 15 !!! Good luck and thank you for letting me help

I don't mind at all. Sold on EBay in 5 minutes for 1800. I think I might have undervalued it. You all have been awesome. Thank you all. I will let you all know if the deal falls through for any reason.

Back