• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Trouble finding lost clip for caliper

logane11

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I recently acquired my first bike, a '81 CB750F Super Sport from a neighbor with less than 7000 miles. It has been ran intermittently since then, but not registered since '83. Went through all of the usual motions getting it road worthy including cleaning carbs, checking valve clearances, new tires, flushing brake fluid and cleaning the calipers/pistons.

After riding it almost 1000 miles with no problems, I realized that the clip, on the outside of the caliper, which holds the two rods, in turn holding the brake pads in place, has fallen off. The rods were still in their correct position but apparently the bolt, holding this clip in place, fell out.

What is this clip called, and where can you find a replacement? Last resort is fabricating a new one, if I can find the right one to buy. Thanks

Likely pt# 45217-MA3-006 'plate', which is held down with a simple standard 6 mm. bolt X 10 mm. long, available anywhere.

Back