• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1977 CB750 Cafe Vin Short

ctnighthague

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm new here and had a general question about vin checks. I need to get one but I went to a shop and because my bike is pre 1981 It said invalid and he said I have to go to the DMV inspection lane. Here in CT that is a nightmare and I would need to add some random components to the bike, wait all day, etc. vs just bring the cleared vin check in and get the registration. The bike is clean, it's just out of state and hasn't been registered here before. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to get me in and out? Thanks for any help.

They want that process to be hard, it stops substandard vehicles from getting on the roads and thieves from doing what you want to do. The normal process involves a title.

It won't be helped if the state is doing like so many others to reduce the number of entries into their computers to regain server space. That has people jumping through so many extra hoops you can't believe it now. Probably where the '1981' thing came from, they dumped all entries before that.

Here they now require you to reclear any liens that you had cleared long long ago, it's simply stupid.

Last edited:
Its crazy how some places make it so difficult. Here they dont care, bring em your title pay the title transfer and license fee and your done.

If its too difficult there just get a Vermont registration then use that to get your Conneticut title, costs alittle more but you end up with a valid title. It works I've done it.

Back