• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Trade - trade 77 750 four k

can you fix it yourself? i will donate both cam towers, caps, and a cam, but only if you intend on fixing it and keeping it! you need to check both oil orifices and make sure you dont starve the top end of oil again!

yes, i can fix it if i had the correct parts. i guess i messed up when i bought the tower, i didnt get the caps. i bought the cam for 50.00 its from a 76. i love this bike, just broke at the wrong time, 1st bought parts that wont work, 2nd thaught it would come with caps so spent rest of money on grandkids. I have a club run comming up on the 1st of jan. also its a family type club but a set time limit on fixing it. thanks, i would love to fix it

I can go tommorrow morning. I dont work till 6 pm in Dyersburg. After that I dont get off till Thursday. Thank you , Larry

Last edited:
fourk, any year cam tower will work. Just go on ebay and find a set that has the caps there are a lot on there.

just sent you a text message. just let me know if you can make it down today or not. i will leave them in my van just in case you cant make it down until thursday!

pulled the head,at least 2 bad valves.havent figured how to pull those out yet.

supposed to use a valve spring compressor to compress the spring and remove the 2 keepers, then slide everything out....but lacking a compressor you can go old school and just use a socket on top of the spring and while holding it in place, strike it with a mallet and the keepers will fall out or spread enough to fanagle out. Of course, you won't be putting them back together that way ;)

Back