• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Oil leak where clutch cable connects to clutch?

Christopharx

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been scouring the internet to no avail. I appear to have an oil leak where the "clutch arm actuator" connects to the clutch cover. I have no o ring or washer there, and I'm trying to find out if there should be. Also, if I am missing it how in the world do I put it back on. Can I slip it over the end of the actuator, take apart the actuator arm, or do I have to take the clutch cover off? I'm not very mechanically inclined so I'm at a bit of a loss. I'll attach pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 232
Cover comes off. There is a seal inside the cover bore at that hole. Arm has to disassemble from inside the cover.

Okay, so when reinstalled the seal should be on the inside of the cover and not the outside? I figure since I have to take the cover off I'll put in new clutch plates and springs (already ordered those, with the gasket). Any tricks or tips for the arm, or the rest of the job? Thank you.

Also.. It's strange that it would start leaking out of no where, are those known for going bad over time or no?

Not usually but any seal at any time can begin to leak. You are looking for the 500 page book when it comes to all the things that can go wrong there. Your skillset will be the biggest determiner of how it comes out. The parts simply unbolt and bolt back in but with a novice all kinds of things can go wrong with that.

Back