• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1980 CB750k Stock Airbox. What connects to this knob?

Piczker08

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, as i was taking apart my cb750k carbs, i realized that the stock airbox has this knob sticking out of the back. It seems as if something should connect here but I have no idea what? Can you guys offer some help?

My guess is that one of the breather box hoses connects to it? But i am not sure.

Matt

IMG_0109.jpgIMG_0110.jpg

The 2 engine vent hoses meet at a 'tee' high and in front of airbox and then the third teed hose joins at the top of airbox. The back lower airbox connector leads to a plastic gunk collection tank that snapped into the 2 tabs under the battery box if still there. Ever so often you dropped that catch tank and unplug to drain the crud out of it. There can be a stub connector under the bottom of the box which is simply a water drainage vent to keep the paper filter dry.

Do you also happen to know if this little box is really necessary? Would i feel any changes in the motorcyckle if i just plugged this knob up and got rid of the breather box under the battery?

Thanks once again!
Matt

If you mean the gunk box below battery............it's not needed whatsoever. I commonly plug the fittings on the airbox and simply run the engine hoses to the tee way up to drain most oil back into engine then after way up the single hose off the tee then dumps in back of engine low. Make any blowby oil climb the hill to get out, it keeps more oil in the motor where it belongs.

Dumping that box is one of the first things I did on mine, NOT the airbox, you need that for the engine tuning things it does, rather the gunk box under battery.

Back