• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

How to properly wire an engine start / stop switch to a 1976 Honda CB750F ?

ipatch

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Good evening, I've been working on wiring up my CB750F for like forever and was wondering if I had wired up the engine start / stop switch properly. Presently, if I have the key out of the ignition and and press the start button on the start / stop switch the engine doesn't start. However if I have the key in the ignition and turn the key to the on position and press the start the button the engine tries to start. However the turn knob "thingy" on the engine start / stop switch is in the off position.
starter-stop-switch04-great.jpg

Is this the normal behavior? Or should the starter not try to turn the engine over when the turn switch "thingy" is in the off position?

Any and all help would greatly be appreciated.

cheers
Chris

The starter will whirl the engine around and normal, but it will not actually start up to run. The 'kill' switch (red thingy) ONLY kills ignition power to the coils, not operating power to the starter.

The starter will whirl the engine around and normal, but it will not actually start up to run. The 'kill' switch (red thingy) ONLY kills ignition power to the coils, not operating power to the starter.

Thanks for that explanation. Sounds like I have things wired up properly. :)

My manuals are all digital these days. I have an old laptop in the garage dedicated to music and manuals ;)

Back