• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

78 cb750k Headlight/blinker

Gordon Rogers

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there. Does anyone know why when the headlight is plug in the turn signals won't work? When headlight is unplugged everything works. Should I look at switch or ground?

Just throwing this out there. Does anyone know why when the headlight is plug in the turn signals won't work? When headlight is unplugged everything works. Should I look at switch or ground?

Sounds like a ground in the wrong place.
I just had to figure out a similar problem - the tail light would flash. Then turn signals became 4-way flashers. In the process also was able to make left front and right rear flashers to work together. Might be the same color wires, but are very fickle. Label everything.

I cleaned allthe ground and used some dilectric grease on connections then turned the key. Tried the signals and left worked for a bit then stopped.Emmm...RELAY. Switched the mechanical with an OEM off a CB900c I had kicking around. All is good.

Back