• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Rear axil bolt stuck.

bohemiafen

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I tried to get the rear wheel off my cb750sc 1983 , nut was 24mm. took the exhaust silencers off and chain tentioners then got stuck.Big hammer on the axil nut on the end of the axil (with a block of wood)and for love nor money couldn't get the axil bolt to slide out even a tiny wee bit. Any advice? PS a local garage fitted rear tyre 2 years ago. The reason to remove the axil bolt was to use as a puller for the rotor. 5k previosly had new rectifier and rotor fitted.Then when i rode back from Krakow, Poland, great 36 hour 1200 mile ride,the next week going to work on the Nighthawk the bike died. Oh shXt. Again the battery isn't chargeing. Battery is a new lithium on.
So please, has anyone got any sugestions how to remove the axil bolt!

Last edited:
That particular charging system fails at the drop of a hat being very delicate. The L-I battery type may be killing it.

Hammer all you got if the axle nut is loose.................likely rusted in place.

lots and lots of penetrating oil, PB Blaster is wonderful stuff. loosen the tentioners enough to rotate them downward 90 deg. then remove the little blocks that the tentioner bolts screw against. you should then be able to work the wheel off the swing arm with the axle bolt still in the wheel. then sit it on a bucket and start pouring the oil to it, a good drizzle at least once a day. then be patient, with the nut installed backward to protect the threads, give it a whack every day or two. If its rust it will eventually break loose
hopefully you dont have bearing race or spacer fused to the axle bolt from an overheated bearing

Back