• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

81 750K Brake Stuck

sherlok74

CB750 New member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum but it looks like lots of friendly people here. My 81 750K that I am bringing back to life has a stuck rear brake. Took off wheel and removed shoes. The "spindle?" that turns to move the shoes out is stuck. Tight. It is soaking now but my question is can I try heat on that? The part on the inside of the hub is kind of brassy gold, and of course I would rather not do more harm than good. Any help is appriciated! Thanks - JON

It is a brass or bronze type bushing. Soak it first give it some time, tap on the shaft with a hammer, not hard you are just trying to help break loose the corrosion. Spray it with some penetrate and let it soak some more. You should be able to get it loose with a little time without using heat. Heat is a last resort in my opinion. When you get it out clean up the shaft and the bushing with some scotch brite.

I just replaced my rear brake panel for the same reason. I could have soaked mine loose but didnt have the time as the bike was sold. My old one is soaking now, and seems to be fixed if you need it.

Back