• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Need Fuel Tank or 1981 CB750 C

oldcop48

CB750 New member
Reaction score
Reached a dead end trying to remove rust (bad) and scummy deposits from the interior of my fuel tank. Evaporust only removed a small amount of the rust and deposits. Stuff is expensive and two gallons barely touched the mess.

Looking to purchase a replacement (including petcock) with no or minimal rust.

I live in the metro Columbus, Ohio area and can meet up with anyone who might have a tank to offer. Color is not important and scrapes and very minor dents not an issue.

Also, can anyone recommend a source (salvage yard, etc.) that has reasonable prices.

If another model tank or year is a fit, would be interested,

Thanks for any assistance.

Good luck fining a tank. I don't have one, but they are out there.
Evaporust is pretty mild stuff. It's a mild acid that only works well above like 65 degrees. Vinegar works just a good in my opinion and is much cheaper.
I've used Muriatic Acid, heavily diluted, it's pretty cheap at any home store. Do your research though, it's powerful stuff and very dangerous. There's also electrolysis, lots of info on how to do it on the web. The real trick to doing any de-rusting is getting it dry before it flash rusts if you are going to coat the inside.

Back