• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

aftermarket windscreen

I personally HATE what any shields or fairings do for the looks of a bike but there is no denying they can be whoppingly useful when you get older and your eyes dry out more from less frequent biking.

Just bear in mind the term 'universal' used in the mounting kit, that's no mistake. To make really secure well-fitting stuff you will likely find yourself modding some there. Universal often means junk now.

Last edited:
I totally agree on the looks thing.
Also to your point universal usually universally doesn't fit.
I plan on commuting with this bike so I need function over form.
Apparently Givi is an Italian brand and they have all their manufacturing from the plastics to the hardware in their own plant.

Here's what it looks like
Not perfect but it really cuts out the excess wind IMG_4138.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
I've used a Spitfire windshield on other bikes and have been happy. Much like the one above.
As for windscreens in general, often it is a compromise between looks and comfort. I have a Honda Valkyrie Interstate I use for touring and long rides. The full fairing and windscreen is great for cold weather and riding in the rain, but draw back is the lack of airflow when riding in super hot weather. My wife likes a windscreen as she finds it easier to ride without the wind hitting her chest.

When fitting an aftermarket windscreen it takes a few rides to get the adjustment just right. I like to have it so my line of site is just over it, but the wind defects up and just kisses the top of my helmet.

I personally HATE what any shields or fairings do for the looks of a bike but there is no denying they can be whoppingly useful when you get older and your eyes dry out more from less frequent biking.

Just bear in mind the term 'universal' used in the mounting kit, that's no mistake. To make really secure well-fitting stuff you will likely find yourself modding some there. Universal often means junk now.

I love the way they look but only on certain bikes. Not every bike benefits from a fairing. MINE WILL!!

fairings.JPG

PO installed it, I just adjusted it. The mount works for me so far, it's easy to remove and adjust.The only thing I noticed it the tiny bar on the windhshield has a mark where it was tightened too much. The bottom of the windshield has rubber so it does not damage headlight. I use Plexi to clean it, works great

Back