• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

74k carb rebuild , my choke ok?

Curtis87

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just wondering if this less then perfect choke adjustment is ok, when I close the choke lever all carbs except number 3 there as you can see does not close ALL the way. I adjusted both sides with the screw linkages and this was the best position I could get. Should be ok I would think?
IMG_3480.jpg

I had the exact same result on my rebuild, I just tweaked with the linkage until they were all synched properly. And yes, when I saw that, I thought "Oh dear" as well. If your cotter pins are not fragile, you can remove that arm and advance the linkage adjust 180 degrees. Reattach and see if that takes care of it. It did for me. But first try pressing down on the linkage right above that gate. That could very well remove that space and align it to where it should be.

X2, the slight hill you see going up to that carb and then downhill to the next says something is errant in the linkage. It should be impossible to be short on 2 and not be on 3 and 4, it screams misadjusted or loose parts. You don't adjust all at the same time, rather, you do 2 to 1, then 3 only, then 4 only. Any other way and you shortchange somewhere.

You are too short between 1 and 2 and too long between 2 and 3. Making 3-4 hit bottom before 2 can. It will work at that degree but why not get it right and easy.

Bike cylinders are numbered as you are sitting on bike and looking down at motor. #2.

They may be different, often the split in the middle of pairs is slightly different from the pair spacing. Making the parts different. Look at where the fuel fittings go in, that space looks wider in the middle.

Back