• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Speed bleeders

SeattleRod

CB750 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing speed brake bleeders on both bikes.
First, has anyone installed speed bleeders on their bike? Do they work as advertised?
On speedbleeder.com I could find the correct bleeder for the triumph but there is no guidance for a 1980 CB750C.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the bleed screw?, so I can match it to one of their products.

Thanks.
SR.

Never saw the need myself on machines that you can easily reach both the brake lever as well as the bleed screw at same time................

I hear ya, but since I'm already buying 3 for the Storm, I figured I could buy one more to the CB, if they work as good as they say.

I used to sell them. It depends on how many times you use them. All you have there is a one way check valve and if enough water gets in it the valve will stick to not work, best to have a rubber cap on the wnd when done. As well, with a lot of use the sealer on the threads then wears and you leak fluid around the threads while pressurizing it and then can suck air backwards at the threads when releasing the brake lever.

You can have the same effect using a Mityvac and standard bleed screws with teflon tape around the threads only, not the inner tip.

Back