• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Wanted - 1979 cb750k front wheel (spoked)

craigocb750

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a ding in my front wheel that makes it bounce up and down a bit. I hoped new tires and balancing would help, but the shop says the wheel must be replaced. Let me know if anyone has a decent spoked front wheel that will work. And if there are other year/model bikes that share/are compatible with this wheel, please do let me know.

Thanks for all the info on the site, it has helped get this new-to-me project bike up and on the road in style!

Craig in MD

Attachments

• outrtstd.jpg
    outrtstd.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 162
Hi TC,
Thanks for your quick reply and pics, much appreciated. The front wheel looks a bit different from mine, the speedo drive is on the opposite side and the brake caliper on yours is in front of the fork, mine is mounted behind it. Disc mount looks a bit different as well... are you sure it would be a straight swap? '79frtwheel.jpg

I understand your question and see that is different . I am not an EXPERTbut have been fooling with them for quite awhile .. i have inter changed MANY DIFFERENT FRONT TIRES .never a problem.your caliber just grabs the rotor inback of down tube instead of front
This is from a 1973 750k just the tire . Which is in READONABLE SHAPE,not rusted to shit with a NEW front tire .

TC, thanks again for the pics and info, it's much appreciated as this is my first real Honda. I'm going to keep looking a bit for an exact swap, if nothing comes up I'll happily buy yours. I have a new tube and tire on my bent rim to swap on to the unbent one. Thanks, Craig

Back