• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Shifting without clutch

Jarrett_Honda

CB750 Member
Reaction score
My clutch(cb750k5) is basically useless. I'm able to shift up and down without using it. I understand that shifting up isn't a big deal, but downshifting is.

I can also go through the gears when the bike is off.

I adjusted the clutch just like the manual says. I also have a new clutch cable. To fix this would I have to remove the whole clutch assembly to replace everything inside?

-Jarrett

New or used clutch? brand? Clutch basket have notches worn in it? Have you done any looking inside at the actual clutch yet?

New or used clutch? brand? Clutch basket have notches worn in it? Have you done any looking inside at the actual clutch yet?
I believe its the original, I'm not syre what tge prevonwer had done to it. I haven't looked inside yet. I wanted to know what to suspect to make sure I order everything at once. Normally we just change the friction plates correct?

I use complete clutch kits from Cycle X, friction and steels. You could have warped steels causing it to drag too, need to take it apart and start inspecting.

Back