• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Cafe Racer Build from stock 1978 Honda CB 750F

Jason0916

CB750 New member
Reaction score
So, I am completely new to the world of motorcycle building. I've been riding for years, but I don't typically do any kind of overhauls. However, the deal of a lifetime came upon me the other day and I picked up a 1978 Honda CB750F and I decided to buy it and attempt a café racer build. I purchased a 2001 GSXR front end w/rear swing arm. The front end is in and I need to get the new stem (I was hoping someone out there would have some idea on how to fabricate one of these with a metal lathe or if I should save myself the time and buy a new one.) Also, I would like to pull all of the original wiring and do a custom wiring setup. I have the skills to do so, but all advice is welcome. Other than that...I need to get some good tires and a seat...I think that's pretty much it. The Bike was in immaculate shape when I got it so there isn't much mechanical work that needs to be done that I am aware of...if you've done one or have advice I would greatly appreciate it. I'll post pics later on.

Search on here for a fabrication shop that will set that front end up for you. They will take it and make a custom fit stem that works perfect. I believe they include new bearings and everything else you need too. Unless you are a master fabber, I would leave that part to the pros, after all you don't wanna have your forks fall of while doing 60...
Nice pick up on the k series. I am using your gas tank on my 92 nighthawk, its gonna look nice. I will update if I have time to find the name of that shop.

The names might be cognitomoto or classifiedmoto. Check them out.

Back