• Enter the April CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1977 honda 750f

So the bearing spun in the connecting rod? If so you need to have the rod rebuilt or it would be just as easy and cheaper to get a used rod. Have you figured out why it spun? Bid end on rod too big?, rod bolts stretched?, oil issue? I would post a picture or two of what you have going on so know exactly what you are talking about because you say you spun a piston???? but say replace the bearing.

Like said, the greater portion of the time the bearing spinning takes the rod ID out. If you use it over the rod quickly spins again, the bore has been yielded. I have seen maybe 3-4 over the years that one could be reused but not common and not the norm at all. Hope you're looking at the crank in the same way, often they scrap too.

You don't 'spin' pistons, you spin the rod bearing.

(edit) I see you are already looking for a crank..................

Last edited:
I would watch ebay. I use them to see what the going price is for parts. If you watch and ask sellers questions you can find good parts on there.

Back