• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

What Colour Is My Tank?

Aahridey

CB750 New member
Reaction score
IMG_1610.jpgHi,

I have just bought a 1982 CB750F which was a non runner. I've just got it running so now want to get the cosmetics fixed.
It came with a spare blue fuel tank with original paint, so I'd like to spray the side panels, fender and tail to match the tank.

Does anybody know the name of the shade of blue that the tank is finished in? I'd like to buy some paint to match.

Many thanks, Mark

hi Mark
It looks like it's not the original color.
This is from motorera:
"It was available in one of two colors: Black or Pleiades Silver Metallic"
Plus that decal doesn't look right.

motorera.com/honda/h0750/sport.htm

hi Mark
It looks like it's not the original color.
This is from motorera:
"It was available in one of two colors: Black or Pleiades Silver Metallic"
Plus that decal doesn't look right.

motorera.com/honda/h0750/sport.htm

Hi, thanks very much for your reply.

It does seem to be a factory finished tank, but I believe it could be from a later year?
I've attached a photo of another one I've found on the web:

IMG_2638.jpg

900 tank. Or possibly Euro or international model. They liked that stripe. OEM work. The Euro stuff came in more colors than we got here. Blue bike picced is a '79 or '80 model by the wheels and side cover emblems. Honda played all over the place with badges and details on international stuff, there are a bunch of colors but no listing that I know of.

'82 US spec 750F came only in silver and black here.

Last edited:
Hi, and thanks for your reply. Yes is definitely a 1979 super sport tank. That year they came in either blue or silver...

Just need to find the name or code for the paint...

Thanks for all of the help so far :)

Back