• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My cafe project, and can someone help with a measurement?

nsxguy7

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hello all and great forum.
This is my '74 CB750 Cafe project. Started with a bare frame and a swingarm, that's it. Using a 2003 CBR600RR front end and some Cognito Moto bits. Haven't found a SOHC motor yet but I'm looking.
Here's my problem- I've kind of hit a wall because I'm using a gas tank from a CF Moto 250. Got it for 20 bucks and it's a new takeoff, never used or had gas in it. I got it mounted just fine, but the stock petcock location will not work. So I welded it shut.
Can someone with a 69-74 CB750 measure the distance from the center of the petcock on the right side of the bike, back to the beginning of the joint where the two frame tubes are welded together? I think it's about 7 inches or so. Many thanks in advance. IMG_0851.jpgIMG_0855.jpgIMG_0851.jpgIMG_0855.jpg

Last edited:
Give it a little time someone will be along to answer your request, We all have our own projects and daily lives to deal with too. By the way good looking start to your cafe'.

Hello all and great forum.
This is my '74 CB750 Cafe project. Started with a bare frame and a swingarm, that's it. Using a 2003 CBR600RR front end and some Cognito Moto bits. Haven't found a SOHC motor yet but I'm looking.
Here's my problem- I've kind of hit a wall because I'm using a gas tank from a CF Moto 250. Got it for 20 bucks and it's a new takeoff, never used or had gas in it. I got it mounted just fine, but the stock petcock location will not work. So I welded it shut.
Can someone with a 69-74 CB750 measure the distance from the center of the petcock on the right side of the bike, back to the beginning of the joint where the two frame tubes are welded together? I think it's about 7 inches or so. Many thanks in advance. View attachment 7485View attachment 7484View attachment 7485View attachment 7484
I dont have a stock 74 but i measured my 78 SS and the petcock is 6 3/4 inches from the frame joint you mentioned . but its only has a petcock on the left side.

Back