• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Starting new cafe project

Dont really know why he needs the gaskets. Industry standard for MLS is 50 RA or finer no matter what the brand is. Nothing he can do different whether he has the gaskets or not. I send my stuff to APE or Cycle X and they never need the gasket, I have had my stuff surfaced locally when I was in a hurry and they dont need the gasket. The only thing you need with the MLS is to be sure it is a very fine finish, finer the better.

APE does shot peening, too bad you didnt start building this motor earlier this winter, I had a set of stronger RC steel rods I would has sold you cheap.

I think he wants to check thickness so he can determine how much he can remove from head and deck to keep compression at the 10:1 ratio. This guy build all kinds of raceing engines, car and bike. Also airplane engines. I trust his judgment.

They are available in .030 and .040 and dynoman can make them pretty much any bore size and thickness you want. What year was the motor? Once you get to the mid 70's honda actually made the cylinder taller by a slight amount over the early ones.

Back