• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

New Ower 1982 CB750SC Nighthawk

Ive been looking at this picture and I think this is how I will set my bike up. Stock seat, fender removed and electronics hidden.....

20170428_065817.jpg

Hello Everyone!

Time to start a new project. I scored this $200 beauty a few days ago and the passion is starting to burn deep!! The plan is to build a rat/post apocalypse, Mad Max clone all purpose custom bike! I will start by accessing what works, and what's broken. So far I need a few clutch cable, and front brake components. I was told the bike had compression and the previous owner poured mystery oil into the heads...Who knows, but I am not there yet...

Finally made a home for in my shed after reinforcing the doors/locks! Once I get the carbs cleaned, new clutch cable, clean air box, new battery and inspect the motor, I will attempt to fire this baby up. But for now, I am just getting familiar with the bike, locating a repair manual and I will be scouring this forum along with others for ideas on customizing my new toy!

Picture time...

View attachment 7381View attachment 7382View attachment 7383View attachment 7384

Since this is going to be a rat / clone...I think the final paint scheme will look something like this...Start with Flat Black, scuff, add White for the "salt" look, then tan for the "dessert/wasteland" combination look...to be determined later...just a thought...the original blue is starting to grow on me...

View attachment 7380

Late night Progress....

The fairing will need modifications so for my documentation, I recorded how the electrical connections were made so reassembly can be smooth...

View attachment 7385

Mock up of new handle bars..

View attachment 7386

New bar will need an alignment hole drilled into it to allow the alignment pin to seat and properly mount the controls....[ see small alignment pin ]

View attachment 7387

View attachment 7388View attachment 7389View attachment 7390View attachment 7391
I’d love to buy your Nighthawk 750 emblems if you would sell them. Or the side panels with them.
Tom S 250-672-6918

Back