• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

My 1980 Barn find

EaZ8

CB750 New member
Reaction score
so i couple days ago i stumbled across a 1980 cb750 that was last plated in 93 or 94 (plate says 93, ownership says 94)

so, the bikes a bit of a mess, off the top of my head heres a break down:
no throttle
left control switch broken
right control switches broken
battery cracked open
fuel in the tank from 93/94
no idea if the motor is locked up or not.
i have keys and ownership
clutch perch is a bit mangled
front brake master is separating.
im sure the chain and sprockets need changing but ill get to that once i get her firing up and rolling.

so... in the state its in, if i want to see if she will fire up what should i do?

my current plan isput the bike in top gear and try to roll it and see if the motor is locked up.
if its not locked up oil change and spark plugs change...maybe plug wires?
pop in a good battery from another bike and then hotwire the start button (direction to what wires i should look for would be awesome.)

here she is...
1520643307947728_4214464535248407471_n_zpsivooh4lk.jpg

1520643077947751_7412065069966262094_n_zpsjt0bab6i.jpg

If I were you, forget about trying to start the engine, take it out of the frame and dismantle it completely. There maybe existing damage and attempting to start it will cause further damage. These things cost enough to rebuild as it is:(

Put a little lube in each cylinder before you try to turn it over, its been sitting dry for many years. You wont need to hot wire if you have the key, if the starer switch is broke jump across the soleniod to see if will turn over.

Back