• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

Front Brake Help

CivilPenny

CB750 Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So my front brakes to my 1978 Honda cb750k need to be redone, due to the piston ceizing itself within the caliper. I have tried everything to get it out but it won't budge, so I'm moving on. Brake calipers are very pricey if they're original, even used. I was curious if there was a way to slap on an aftermarket brake caliper (Or any caliper that may fit on the bike). If ya'll know of any or a way around this problem, please reply!! Thank you.
-Dom

There was a thread on here a month or maybe a little longer ago about the same topic. Lots of things to try before going with trying to rig a different caliper on there.

Like post #3 is trying to say, you have gone from the easy to the hard without doing all the easy yet. 'Any caliper' says it all, you have no idea what you are getting into there.

It is almost impossible to stick a piston in a caliper to where it never does come out ever, but of course if one gives up too quick that changes all of that.

Back