• Enter the March CB750 Supply gift certificate giveaway! It's easy... Click here, post something, and you're entered into the drawing!

1982 CB750SC Nighthawk Questions

Wez_

CB750 Addict
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

I have the opportunity to pick up a really cheap 1982 CB750 Nighthawk and I am wondering what's the general consensus about this bike. Are the major components (like tanks, motors, body parts, fairings, wheels, swing arms etc.) interchangeable with this model? So basically, If I wanted a really nice seat to replace the stock one for example, would other aftermarket CB750 models interchange with the Nighthawk? Also, overall, are these bikes affordable to modify? I know my 4th Gen Nova has issues with reproduction parts because it is such an odd ball model. Basically, I am wondering if this bike is an oddball platform that requires specific parts to interchange encase I want to modify it from original. My goal is to rat it out like the bike in my avatar but use some of the existing body layout.

On the early DOHC Honda welds 50 different tabs and other small parts on what is usually a common type frame to allow the different body parts to fit. Meaning most look like they will fit other models but most definitely DON'T, the mounting points being different. Some wheels and arms will direct interchange but not all. Nighthawk parts are among the rarest of all. The engine itself slips into other ones pretty easy. I had at one time an '82 Nighthawk engine in my '80 F. Way more than one fork setup there too, the wheels have to change width to fit some of them.

???????

OEM Nighthawk wheels are almost IDENTICAL to what you pic as those wheels, other than being 5 spoke. And not Comstar builtup either, they are one piece mags.

And, 'impossible'? The word is the most misused in the modding world.

Honda-CB750-9_zpstekxvlhs.jpg

Modded monoshock Nighthawk with F tank and blacked out OEM Nighthawk wheels.............

Sexy AF!!....but the stock ones on the bike I just picked up are 17/16s I think. I think I want 19/18 and the Henry Abes....

I have some progress pictures soon

You gotta be kidding....................but then some like to make it as hard as they possibly can......................they are HARLEY wheels. NOTHING fits there.

You gotta be kidding....................but then some like to make it as hard as they possibly can......................they are HARLEY wheels. NOTHING fits there.
That stinks...thanks....so I will have to use a taller tire to get the look I want with the stock rims

Back